» Less advertising throughout
» Post and participate in discussions
» Network with other forum members
» Free private messaging

join

Old 11-30-2010, 09:19 PM   #1
Da Ill One
Derrick Rose is a Savior

Da Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Da Ill One Send a message via Yahoo to Da Ill One Send a message via Skype™ to Da Ill One
Friends: (13)
343 working on Halo 1 remake

Microsoft's freshly-formed internal Halo studio, 343 Industries, is working on a Halo: Combat Evolved remake.

That's according to "industry chatter" reported in the new Games Master magazine, which writes that the updated game could run on the Halo: Reach engine and arrive ahead of a full Halo 3 sequel in late 2012.

If true, the remade Halo: Combat Evolved could release on the original's tenth anniversary, which falls on November, 2011.

Microsoft has previously expressed interest in adopting an annual release model for the Halo series, and this would certainly fit that nicely.

Plus, when asked, UK Xbox boss boss Stephen McGill seemed to be in favour of a remake, telling GM: "I imagine it's a good idea".

"I think some people want to go back to older games and see them revisited and I think a lot of developers want to see that too," he said.

Da Ill One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 AM   #2
malform

malform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond reputemalform has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (21)
This would be super cool, I never played the original Halo, so what better way to get into than a upgraded version? lol
malform is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:59 AM   #3
Lyle91

Lyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (128)
If they make remakes or campaign only stories, I'd have no problem with a yearly release model for Halo. If they start making whole new multiplayer experiences every year though, it would get a little stale tbh.

Lyle the Gamer, Fan of all things video game related.

Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.
-- Leo Tolstoy

Lyle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
Airbender

Airbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (22)
Maybe it's just me, and it just might, but I'm a little hesitant towards this.

The remake, I can see, as I thought the first one was a great game and the remake would give a lot of people (including myself) the chance to experience the first game for the first time (or once again).

The yearly installments is what I think is a bit much. It's like what Lyle91 said, the multiplayer can get stale if they don't change it enough every time. However, for me, that includes the story and campaigns. I'm afraid that if they do that yearly release model, then they'll end up destroying the series just to cash in on the series. I don't know, maybe it'll work out, but I love the Halo Series (minus ODST) and I would hate to see it destroyed because they felt the need to make one every year. Perhaps it can be done, I'll withhold complete judgement until I start seeing the games themselves when they start coming out... but that's just how I feel on the matter.
Airbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:01 PM   #5
TwilightLink121
The Hero of Hyrule

TwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond reputeTwilightLink121 has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (25)
I hope they make the gameplay and mechanics the same as the original except with updated graphic. H:CE was definitely the best multiplayer imo because it had the largest skill gap. Please don't mess up 343!

Thanks for the awesome sig YoUnG LiNk!

I am a Proud Wii60 Owner!!!

Wii Owner since 1/21/07
Xbox 360 Owner since 9/13/07
Xbox Live gamertag: N0SC0PE2YAD0ME, the o's are zeroes
AC:CF FC- 1504-9198-1713
TwilightLink121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 PM   #6
Lyle91

Lyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond reputeLyle91 has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (128)
Airbender- I agree, but I think the story will be okay for awhile since they have the books to go off of.

Lyle the Gamer, Fan of all things video game related.

Freethinkers are those who are willing to use their minds without prejudice and without fearing to understand things that clash with their own customs, privileges, or beliefs. This state of mind is not common, but it is essential for right thinking; where it is absent, discussion is apt to become worse than useless.
-- Leo Tolstoy

Lyle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:56 PM   #7
Airbender

Airbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond reputeAirbender has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (22)
Lyle91-That's why I'm withholding complete judgement until I see the games. But they only have so much material to go off of until they start sucking things dry trying to keep up with yearly releases. That's what I'm mostly afraid of. But it just might work out, and that's what I'm hoping for because I enjoy Halo so much.
Airbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:09 PM   #8
sparty

sparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (58)
Does anyone truly want a remake? I know I don't.
sparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:41 PM   #9
hello123

hello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond reputehello123 has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightLink121 View Post
I hope they make the gameplay and mechanics the same as the original except with updated graphic. H:CE was definitely the best multiplayer imo because it had the largest skill gap. Please don't mess up 343!
What he said. CE was Halo multiplayer in its purest and most raw skill form. I miss that.

Wii60 owner
youtube.com/user/SaustinGaming
hello123 is offline   Reply With Quote