Join this CrowdGather community today.
Registration offers the following perks:

» Less advertising throughout
» Post and participate in discussions
» Network with other forum members
» Free private messaging

join

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Derrick Rose is a Savior

Da Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Da Ill One Send a message via Yahoo to Da Ill One Send a message via Skype™ to Da Ill One
Friends: (13)
One BILLION Served

Now my hatred for this game and the series aside...that's a pretty impressive feat...

Quote:
Saturday night, while many of us were stuffing food into our faces, plenty of folks were still playing Halo 3. At precisely 6:36pm PST, in a three minute and nineteen second game of Infection on Foundry, four players participated in Halo 3's one billionth match.

One Billion. It's a giant number, one that's difficult to understand without the proper context. Our first thought was to put it into perspective by comparing Halo 3's total games played with its predecessor, Halo 2, a title that we are still super proud of, and one that's topped the original Xbox LIVE Leaderboards since its launch through to present day - over four years of online gaming.

But there's a problem with that comparison. Halo 2 has yet to achieve one billion games played. As of right now, it's sitting pretty at 798 million total matches played. Surprised? We were.

Still, we wanted to find ways to help you (and us) better comprehend just what one billion games means in the grand scheme of things.

If each game of Halo 3 lasted only three minutes and nineteen seconds, mirroring the Infection game outlined above, the total amount of time played would eclipse sixty-three centuries. For those looking for more granularity, that's roughly 630 decades, 6,300 years, or 2,300,000 days.

But admittedly, that's working from a pretty rough estimate. No worries, we keep tabs on this sort of stuff. We recruited our database guru, RocketMoose, to provide us with some more accurate numbers. The data point he supplies below is a sum total of all player time spent in matchmaking. If ten players completed a ten minute match, the database would log 100 minutes of total playtime. This figure also does not include data from Custom or Offline matches.

Total Matchmaking Playtime: 2,023,153,340,764 seconds.

Yes, that's two Trillion seconds, or 64,109 years of playtime.

64,000 years ago:

Neanderthal walked the Earth.
Modern Man had yet to set foot in Asia.
The Battle Rifle was Hitscan.

We couldn't have done it without you, our fans. Literally. Thanks a billion for all the good games and the continued community support. We're in awe of the success Halo 3 has been met with, but we're not done yet. Stick around and stay tuned, there's definitely more to come.

Love, Bungie.
One BILLION Served : 3/2/2009 3:54 PM PST

Da Ill One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

trevpimp will become famous soon enoughtrevpimp will become famous soon enough
Friends: (6)
Not surprised, "TO ME" I think Halo is what made Xbox. If you think not then name some games that you think made Xbox a must have?

-The P.I.M.P. On WiiSpace Since 07'
trevpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 PM   #3 (permalink)

meatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond reputemeatwad420 has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (11)
im willing to admit that halo made xbox live so successful...but the reason i bought an xbox was for conkers live and reloaded lol.

im not that big on halo, but one cannot deny its fan base. that is an impressive feat.

"Get baked and watch a space documentary. It'll change your life."
meatwad420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
Derrick Rose is a Savior

Da Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond reputeDa Ill One has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Da Ill One Send a message via Yahoo to Da Ill One Send a message via Skype™ to Da Ill One
Friends: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevpimp View Post
Not surprised, "TO ME" I think Halo is what made Xbox. If you think not then name some games that you think made Xbox a must have?
I agree...I've said before Halo 1 was GREAT game...but Halo 2 was so horrible it brings the whole series down to dismal levels...and three wasn't good enough to climb out... IMO

Da Ill One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

trevpimp will become famous soon enoughtrevpimp will become famous soon enough
Friends: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ill One View Post
I agree...I've said before Halo 1 was GREAT game...but Halo 2 was so horrible it brings the whole series down to dismal levels...and three wasn't good enough to climb out... IMO
yeah 3 wasnt an upgrade to the halo series, it didnt have that Halo feeling like you did in the first Halo, finding skulls was fun though

-The P.I.M.P. On WiiSpace Since 07'
trevpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

cornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these partscornyjohn is infamous around these parts
Send a message via MSN to cornyjohn Send a message via Skype™ to cornyjohn
Friends: (108)
Nice. I'm honored to have been a part of a few of those billion matches.

[/sarcasm]
cornyjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:12 AM   #7 (permalink)

Eanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond reputeEanxsh has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Eanxsh Send a message via Skype™ to Eanxsh
Friends: (39)
bleh....i suppose...

Post-E3 wants

Eanxsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

KFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond reputeKFletch has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (110)
Without me, they'd be extremely short of 1,000,000,000.

Lol.

True story.

But on a real note, I have contributed about 4000 games to that count.

KFletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

sparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond reputesparty has a reputation beyond repute
Friends: (58)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch627 View Post
Without me, they'd be extremely short of 1,000,000,000.

Lol.

True story.

But on a real note, I have contributed about 4000 games to that count.
I think I have 3000 or so.
sparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

EndlessChaos is a jewel in the roughEndlessChaos is a jewel in the roughEndlessChaos is a jewel in the rough
Friends: (31)
lol Ive contributed 3 games to it. =p

EndlessChaos is offline   Reply With Quote