|05-17-2010, 06:28 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL.
Rumor: PSP2 Detailed
We've been hearing for the past couple of weeks that Sony was set to reveal the "PSP2" at this year's E3 next month. We don't know if this was a planned leakage of information or just some lucky ******* just got the scoop.
- It was rumored by MCV last week that Sony "could" announced the PSP2 at E3
- Multiple British sources have confirmed that PSP2 NDAs have been in place at publishers and developers for many months.
- PSP2 has two cameras, one forward and one backward facing.
- It has a touch-screen, but apparently it has retained the trademark physical PlayStation buttons.
- UK sources were previously working towards a “2010″ release. This is now “2011″.
- One source would be “amazed” if there was any kind of physical media involved. We’ve been told it “could” be 3G-enabled, as opposed to the WiFi-only PSP go. This bit was sketchy.
- Multiple PSP2 games are being made in Britain right now. Some have even already been canned.
- When asked directly about reveal timing, one source said, “If the games were aiming for end 2010, beginning 2011, and now it’s a 2011 release, I’d say a gamescom or TGS announce for launch early next year”.
- One source told us the machine is “****ing powerful,” being based on a four-core Cell CPU. PS3 runs on an eight-core version.
E3 is only a couple of weeks away, hold on your butts.
Here's an image.
|e3 2010, psp2, sony|